So many of my artist friends are SPINNING their WHEELS.
What I mean by that is they are always in a revolving holding pattern of:
1. Write songs for months. Stay silent on social.
2. Record an EP.
3. Release the EP on FB, iTunes, and Spotify.
4. "Maybe" do an EP release show.
5. Do some Instagram selfies at the EP release show.
6. Forget to reply to comments on Instagram.
7. Play a couple of shows.
The world doesn't work like this anymore. It's the old way of releasing and it isn't getting you any further down the track as the EP before and the EP before that.
Don't fall into this holding pattern! Think creatively about the release and marketing just as much as you did on the music and don't wait a year to put out new music. And make sure you release the best music you possibly can!
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” -Albert Einstein